Friday, April 25, 2008

Exception occurred. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80020009 (DISP_E_EXCEPTION))

I started running into this error when attempting to create a site collection in a different language.  I would browse to Central Administration and choose a different language and immediately receive "there was an error in the callback".  If I continued on and ignored the error I would receive "Exception occurred. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80020009 (DISP_E_EXCEPTION))" after clicking Create.  After lots of time wasted scouring the net I found a random post that said they ran into this error when they had a badly formatted webtempXXX.xml file.

http://paulgalvin.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!1CC1EDB3DAA9B8AA!126.entry

I had missed a closing quote around my hidden parameter (looked like this: HIDDEN="TRUE).  I fixed it, did an iisreset, and it fixed the problem.

Jeff

3 comments:

  1. I had a similar execption after changing the Search Server Settings - solution was just to do the IISreset.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. [...] other reasons why this exception happens and thery are listed here: Incorrect webtemp.xml template: here Another problems with disposing described: [...]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even better solution will be JUST to do App pool recycle.... BETTER than Issreset

    Hariom...
    ajaydudhat_88@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete